Why I Am Choosing To Write
My name is Alice Hunt.
This blog is mostly for myself. A little bit for someone who might be going through the same thing. But for myself most of all.
My mother (and I suspect my father, also) has a Narcissistic Personality Disorder.
This doesn’t mean she’s vain and is concerned primarily with her looks. It does not mean that she is secretly insecure and that is the reason she is the way she is. This is a part of her personality that just cannot change.
There are nine symptoms of narcissism. In order to be a true narcissist, you must have at least 5 of the nine symptoms. (Gotten from MayoClinic.com)
1. Having an exaggerated sense of self-importance
2. Being preoccupied with fantasies about success, power or beauty
3. Believing that you are special and can associate only with equally special people
4. Requiring constant admiration
5. Having a sense of entitlement
6. Taking advantage of others
7. Having an inability to recognize needs and feelings of others
8. Being envious of others
9. Behaving in an arrogant or haughty manner
At some point or another in my life, my mother has exhibited all of these symptoms. And so has my father (but I’m still not sure of him yet).
This is my story. This is so I have proof, so that I will not think that I am crazy anymore. This is so I can have support. This is for my entertainment.